UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. Learn more at undp.org or follow at @UNDP.
UNDP-Indonesia in collaboration with the MoH initiated an innovative solution for better SCM with Sistem Monitoring Imunisasi dan Logistik secara Elektronik (SMILE) project. A pilot project was initiated -with support from UNDP- in two districts, Bogor and South Tangerang in West Java and Banten Provinces, respectively. At the core of the project is a human resources development component supported by a defined supervision plan and a rigorous training regimen. The system provides an integrated solution to address widespread inequities in vaccine coverage by supporting state governments in overcoming constraints of infrastructure, monitoring, and management of information systems and human resources. It helps track the stock of vaccines as well as the storage temperature of vaccines through SIM-enabled temperature loggers attached to the cold chain equipment.
Moving forward, UNDP has now been asked by the Government of Indonesia to expand SMILE implementation to further include 700 cold chain points in 6 additional provinces. The final intent is to expand the SMILE implementation to all cold chains in Indonesia (around 10,000 health facilities) in a phase-wise rollout during 2020-2024.
Under the overall guidance of the Regional Assistant, the Provincial Assistant will support the district facilitator, PHO, and DHOs in optimizing data generated from SMILE application to prepare regular data reporting on the utilization and projection of vaccines and other logistics. The Provincial assistant will be responsible for tracking results and applying the monitoring framework as set up in the project document, in line with prevailing internal monitoring guidelines, and ensuring reporting arrangements are in place and are being implemented to ensure that the reporting requirements are met in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support the project team to ensure effective project planning, budgeting and implementation focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assists in the coordination of project planning and preparation work for, typically, a medium-sized and complex component of the project initiatives; monitors status of project proposals and receipt of relevant documentation for review and approval.
- Compiles, summarizes, and presents basic information/data on specific project and related topics or issues.
- Reviews project documents especially cost plans/budgets for trainings, for completeness and compliance with relevant rules and procedures prior to submission for final approval and signature; identifies inconsistencies; distributes project documents to relevant parties upon approval.
- Implement project standard operating procedures in line with the government and UNDP’s regulations;
2. Support to the effective
- Support the work of Cold Chain Handlers (CCH) at Province Vaccine Store and cold chain points in improving timely stock entries and their online visibility, including temperature performance of cold chain equipment.
- Support the District facilitators in all the activities pertaining to vaccine logistics and cold chain management in the district
- Develop vaccine collection and distribution cycle and ensure its implementation with support from vaccine store in-charge
- Review the online data entry of all vaccine and syringes transactions on daily basis and ensure regular and timely updating from all cold chain points.
- Regular analysis of consumption patterns, wastage rates, monthly reports etc. supporting DIO in taking corrective actions.
- Monitor cold chain performance through remote temperature loggers and ensure prompt response to temperature excursions at cold chain points across the province.
- Undertake field visits to monitor the implementation of the system and provide technical inputs to address gaps and bottlenecks in the implementation of SMILE.
- Conduct training sessions for CCH and plan for refresher trainings and training of newly recruited staff
- Supportive supervision of CCH in effective vaccine logistics and cold chain management including temperature recording and handling.
- Identify capacity-building needs on SMILE and undertake capacity-building activities district level for different levels of health professionals and field-level functionaries, facilitating learning exchanges.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Project Manager SMILE;
3. Provides administrative support to the Project Management Unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Serves as focal point for administrative, HR, Procurement, Security and office coordination of project implementation activities, involving extensive liaison with a diverse organizational unit to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions, e.g. recruitment and appointment of personnel, travel arrangements, training/study tours, authorization of payments, disbursement of funds, procurement of equipment and services, security compliance, etc.
- Provision of general office assistance such as response to complex information requests and inquiries; reviews, logs and routes incoming correspondence; establishment of filling system and maintenance files/records; organization of meetings, workshops; routine administrative tasks, including maintaining attendance records, assessing telephone billing, etc.
- Drafts correspondence on budget-related issues, periodic reports, briefing notes, graphic and statistical summaries, accounting spreadsheets, etc.
4. Support strategic partnerships, communication and support to the implementation of resource mobilization
- Updated database of the relevant public and development partners private sector, civil society and other stakeholders who are counterparts for the project;
- In coordination with UNDP’s Communication unit and other relevant counterpart communications department, support documentation of the project activities as a tool to communicate results, deepen stakeholder knowledge and buy-in to the project, and resource mobilization for the project.
5. Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the trainings for the operations/ projects staff.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in project support management function.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Effective contribution to learning and knowledge sharing in gender analysis and gender mainstreaming
6. The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- Inclusive approach is reflected within all actions and implementations, in that sense an enabling and accessible setup in various senses such as disability gender language barrier is created;
- Necessary arrangements to provide gender parity within all committees, meetings, trainings etc. introduced
This position will be based in Provincial Health Office in Jayapura. The assignment will be conducted under the direct supervision of Project Officer SMILE on a day-to-day basis project activity.