Do you want us to keep you updated on similar opportunities?
• Bachelor's degree qualifications in one or several of the following study fields; Disability and Inclusion, Social Sciences, Universal Design, Computer Science, or other relevant studies. A Master’s degree in relevant studies is an advantage.
Years of experience:
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in the areas of disability inclusion, ICT accessibility and/or Universal Design with a relevant bachelor’s degree.
• Proven experience in similar work settings, preferably with UN agencies or disability inclusive organizations.
• Practical experience with working on or developing organizational policies and procedures on Digital/Web Accessibility is highly desirable.
III. Competencies and special skills requirement:
• Strong ICT skills, especially the ability to use online/digital accessibility tools.
• Familiarity and good command of using different assistive technologies.
• Understanding and experience developing and conducting training for ICT accessibility tools and disability inclusion is highly desirable.
• Trainer or education certificate relating to accessible and universal design is highly desirable.
• Being a member of a disability inclusion network is a strong asset.
• Excellent public speaking and presentation skills. Proven skills to facilitate trainings.
• Excellent command of written and spoken communication skills in English
Please access the following link to apply the vacant post:
Scope of Work
1. The consultant will support the implementation of UN Indonesia’s ICT Accessibility Action Plan which includes the following activities:
Support establishing a common process to ensure ICT accessibility.
- Map the current gap in the reasonable accommodation and needs for assistive technology across UN agencies in Indonesia (ICT software, products, and services including screen readers and assistive devices)
- Develop an informative digital brochure for staff on request of accessibility technology or tools.
- Draft the SoPs and working document templates on: (1) accessible software procurement process, and output standard; (2) creating accessible websites, documents, and public content; and on (3) accessible picture and video with alternative descriptions/caption. This shall include a ToR for an accessibility help desk, a mechanism through which staff can direct questions/comments/send documents for review and get informative/detailed feedback.
- Prepare a monitoring tool on all UN Indonesia agencies’ website with measurable metrics using manual tools and automated accessibility checkers to regularly monitor and demonstrate progress made. The consultant needs to test the internal staff portals (HR/ICT service portals) to ensure their accessibility and provide remediation solutions.
- Support the ICT accessibility focal point in making available the self-paced learning resources including the UNCRPD course, LinkedIn, Coursera, and other online courses in easily accessible locations and on the welcome kit page.
- Support the ICT accessibility working group and focal point in regularly communicating UN-wide policies, guidelines, and checklists for ICT, Communication, and OCT team to encourage all ICT/Digital and web tools to comply with the last version of the international standard for web accessibility, the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, including UN Indonesia site, agencies' web pages, and recruitment pages, and internal sites.
Conduct training to strengthen the ICT accessibility skills and knowledge within UN Indonesia
- Develop lesson plans for ICT accessibility training to be consulted with OPDs, considering the ICT Accessibility assessment result and UN Disability Inclusion Strategy. The lesson plans should specify the kinds and levels of Knowledge, Skills, Attitudes, and Other personal characteristics (KSAOs) that Staff needs to achieve the goal of equality of access to UN digital content for all.
- Prepare materials, evaluation survey and quiz, and schedule program, which specifies the content to be covered, sequencing of activities, design of training, experiential exercises, timing and planning of each activity, method of instruction to be used, number and type of evaluation items to be used.
- Deliver training program or intervention: Conduct ten instructor-led blended (hybrid) training with experiential exercises (computer-based), with a duration of 1-1.5 hours per training. The objective of the training is to increase the knowledge, skills, confidence, and motivation of UN Indonesia Staff on ICT accessibility, and the content should cover the below:
• Staff trainings (6 sessions)
o On terminology and awareness of disability, UN Disability strategy and checklist/guidelines, universal design, and assistive technology
o On producing accessible output in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, Forms, and social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Linked-in and Youtube)
o On conducting accessible virtual meetings and using assistive technologies
• Communication staff training (2 sessions)
o On UN Disability strategy and checklist/guidelines and communication professionals’ roles, web accessibility guidelines, universal design, Adobe InDesign, web accessibility automated checker, colour contrast images/webinars/video captions, inclusive communication, and accessible office documents and ebooks.
• ICT staff training (2 sessions)
o On UN Disability strategy and checklist/guidelines and ICT professionals’ roles, web accessibility terminologies and guidelines, universal design, Automatic/manual website accessibility checkers, and on inclusive/assistive technologies and devices
- Conduct evaluation on reactions and learning outcomes and share the interpreted results and recommendations for sustainable and efficient learning processes to build inclusive/ICT accessibility culture. The evaluation report shall contain in annex the detailed measuring tools that assessed the theoretical knowledge, combined with situational analyses on exercise and practical (hands-on) exercises.
All activities above will consider the UN on disability inclusion policies and guidelines such as “UN Digital Inclusion Strategy” and “Disability Inclusion Practice Note on ICT & Digital Accessibility.”
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
Deliverables/ Outputs Estimated number of working days
Review and Approvals Required (Indicate designation of person who will review output and confirm acceptance)
Annotated workplan 1 working day 14 June Programme Officer, UNRCO
Develop lesson plans for ICT accessibility training to be consulted with OPDs, considering the ICT Accessibility assessment result and UN Disability Inclusion Strategy. The lesson plans should specify the kinds and levels of KSAOs that Staff needs to achieve the goal of equality of access to UN digital content for all / Lesson plans as the Interagency SOPs are established as indicated in the ICT accessibility action plan aligning with UN wide inclusion policy : (1) Map of the current gap in the reasonable accommodation and needs for assistive technology across UN agencies in Indonesia, (2) informative digital brochure for staff on request of accessibility technology or tools, (3) SoPs and working document templates on accessible software procurement process and vendor output standard; creating accessible websites, documents, and public content; and accessible picture and video with alternative descriptions and captions (4) a monitoring tool on all UN Indonesia agencies’ website with measurable metrics in accordance with international standards, (5) a list of self-paced learning resource available on the welcome kit page on accessibility 11 working days 4 July Programme Officer, UNRCO
Develop materials, evaluation survey and quiz, and schedule program, which specifies the content to be covered, sequencing of activities, design of training, experiential exercises, timing and planning of each activity, method of instruction to be used, number and type of evaluation items to be used / Training materials (presentation and exercise files); training evaluation plan, survey forms and quizzes, one pager program schedule document (PDF) to be distributed at least 1 week before the first training 2 working days 7 July Programme Officer, UNRCO
Report on the ten instructor-led blended (hybrid) training with experiential exercises (computer-based), with a duration of 1-1.5 hours per training for different trainee groups (all staff, communications staff, ICT staff). / Recordings of the trainings 5 working days 20 July Programme Officer, , UNRCO
report on the evaluation on reactions and learning outcomes and share the interpreted results and recommendations for sustainable and efficient learning processes to build inclusive/ICT accessibility culture. / Evaluation report of minimum 5 pages
1 working day 25 July Programme Officer, UNRCO
UNDP percaya bahwa kepemilikan program dan proyek yang kami dukung berada di tangan masyarakat Indonesia. Oleh karena itu, semua program UNDP secara aktif mempromosikan semangat saling menghormati, mendukung, dan bertanggung jawab serta menganut prinsip kepemilikan nasional sebagaimana tercantum dalam Komitmen Jakarta - deklarasi yang diajukan oleh pemerintah dan para mitra pembangunan pada tahun 2009 untuk meningkatkan efektivitas bantuan di Indonesia. Dalam semangat kepemilikan nasional, semua bantuan UNDP di Indonesia dilaksanakan oleh entitas nasional, termasuk kementerian/lembaga dan Kementerian Perencanaan dan Pembangunan Nasional, dan di tingkat daerah oleh pemerintah provinsi dan kabupaten serta kelompok masyarakat.
Sementara setiap program yang didukung UNDP memiliki tujuan yang spesifik dan beragam, pengembangan kapasitas adalah satu tujuan yang dimiliki oleh semua program UNDP di Indonesia dan di seluruh dunia. Pengembangan kapasitas mengambil banyak bentuk termasuk reformasi kelembagaan, pengembangan kepemimpinan, pendidikan dan pelatihan untuk anggota masyarakat seperti jurnalis dan komunitas perempuan. Sejalan dengan logika ini, para pakar UNDP bekerja berdampingan dengan para mitra di Indonesia antara lain untuk menguatkan kapasitas dalam hal-hal teknis, perumusan kebijakan dan perencanaan anggaran.